- 2 ounces of unsalted butter (6 ounces for 3 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped shallots (1 large bulb for 3 lbs.)
- 4 ounces of chunk crabmeat (8 ounces for 3 lbs.)
- 2 ounces of Cognac (I substituted Grand Marnier because I had it on hand and used only 2 ounces for 3 lbs. because of its strong flavor)
- 5 ounces of tomato sauce (15 ounces for 3 lbs.)
- 10 ounces of heavy cream (30 ounces for 3 lbs.)
- Salt to taste
In a pan or pot large enough to contain all the liquid, melt the butter and then sauté the shallots on medium heat until they are translucent.
Add the crabmeat and sauté for 2-3 minutes more.
Remove from the heat, add the Cognac, then put it back on the burner. PLEASE BE CAREFUL! The Cognac might ignite and result in a large flame. Don't burn your face off. Sauté for 2-3 minutes more.
Add the tomato sauce, cream, and salt. Cook until it reduces about halfway and becomes thicker.
Add the sauce to the cooked ravioli and let them sit for 1-2 minutes to absorb some of the sauce. Serve immediately.