Here are some other general notes:
- If you allow automatic connections, the network will connect by itself at each staion. I found it reconnected faster when I refreshed the network list.
- You do not seem to need to login at each hotspot after you've logged in the first time.
- The connection is not secure, so if you're not on a secured site, all the network traffic can be sniffed easily.
- At most stations, I found I have just enough time to connect and do 1 Google search or refresh a page before the train starts moving and the signal cuts out.
Here are some comments on when you can connect at various stations:
- Greens Farms, on the platform only.
- Westport, on the platform only.
- East Norwalk, on the platform only, but signal very poor.
- South Norwalk, immediately approaching platform.
- Rowayton, on the platform only.
- Noroton Heights, on the platform only.
- Stamford, immediately approaching platform, but then signal cuts out under the building.
- Riverside, approaching platform and past it, but the signal is weak.
- Greenwich, immediately approaching platform.