Monday, January 21, 2008

My New Kakadu

About two weeks ago I was packing up my stuff and getting ready to leave work when I noticed something stunk. It was my 6-year-old black Eddie Bauer shoulder bag and it was not pleasant.

I had a little Christmas cash in my pocket, so I shopped around a little. After looking at bags from Timbuk2, Chrome, Manhattan Portage and many others I decided that a) they're all over-priced and b) they're all dangerously close to man purses.

I turned to various Army/Navy store outlets and companies that produced similar bags. Most were either way too small, way too big, or had some obnoxious logo on them. Then I found Kakadu Imports. At $49.75, their satchel bag is inexpensive, rugged, and cool. The bag is solidly constructed, the straps are sturdy, and the hardware is nice and heavy...heavy enough where I could club a purse-snatcher soundly. =)

If you're looking for a new bag, check them out. I'm definitely happy with mine.

No comments: